GP Access Hubs
GP Access Hubs have been set up within Greenwich borough to give patients better access to primary care services.
The two GP Access Hubs will be open on Saturday 9am to 5pm and Sunday 9am to 1pm by appointment ONLY.
Both Access hubs are also open Monday to Friday 4.30pm – 8pm by appointment only. These appointments can only be made for you, by your own surgery or by 111, if they feel you meet the criteria.
If there are no available appointments at your usual surgery or if the practice is closed, call 111 for more information about using the hubs and to get help with booking an appointment.
Patients registered with Greenwich GPs will be able to see a GP on Saturday and Sunday through two GP Access Hubs based at:
Eltham Community Hospital
Eltham SE9 5DQ
and a GP premises in the Thamesmead area:
Thamesmead Health Centre
4-5 Thames Reach
Thamesmead SE28 0NY
To access these GP Access Hubs, patient can call NHS 111 or their GP surgery can book an appointment for them directly.
The GP Access Hubs offer the following benefits:
- The GP Access Hubs are designed to be an extension of GP services.
- Patients will see a Greenwich GP who will have access to the patient's medical records to continue their care
- Details of patient consultation will be available to the registered GP straight away
- Waiting times will be kept to a minimum through the appointment system
- GPs will be able to book advance appointments for their patients on Saturday and Sunday and also during the week from 4.30 to 8pm.
All GP surgeries in Greenwich are connected to the same IT network, meaning your medical records can be accessed and updated, no matter which doctor you see. Your medical records will only be shared between your practice and the hub if you have not actively opted out of data sharing. If you are unsure, please speak to your registered GP.