GP Access Hubs
Patients registered with a Greenwich GP can now been seen outside of normal practice hours at one of our two GP Access Hubs to give Greenwich patients better access to primary care. The Access Hubs are situated here:
Eltham Community Hospital
Eltham SE9 5DQ
Thamesmead Health Centre
4-5 Thames Reach
Thamesmead SE28 0NY
Both Access Hubs are open
- Saturday and Sunday 8am to 8pm and
- Monday – Friday 4pm to 8pm.
You will be seen by a Greenwich GP who will have access to your patient records. The Access Hubs are for patients who are unable to get an appointment with their own GP Practice or if you have called NHS 111 for an urgent problem that can be seen by a GP.
How do I get an appointment?
If you are unable to get an appointment with your own GP practice, ask for an appointment at one of the Access Hubs. Your GP practice can book you an appointment.
If you have called NHS 111 for an urgent problem that can be seen by a GP, NHS 111 will book you an appointment at one of the Access Hubs.
The GP Access Hubs offer the following benefits:
- The GP Access Hubs are designed to be an extension of GP services.
- Patients will see a Greenwich GP who will have access to the patient's medical records to continue their care
- Details of patient consultation will be available to the registered GP straight away
- Waiting times will be kept to a minimum through the appointment system
- GPs will be able to book advance appointments for their patients
All GP surgeries in Greenwich are connected to the same IT network, meaning your medical records can be accessed and updated, no matter which doctor you see. Your medical records will only be shared between your practice and the hub if you have not actively opted out of data sharing. If you are unsure, please speak to your registered GP.