NHS Greenwich Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is
responsible for planning and buying (commissioning) health and social care
services for people in the borough of Greenwich. This includes hospital
services, GP practices, mental health services and community care. We are also
responsible for monitoring how well these services are provided.
Our work is centred on improving health and wellbeing, reducing health
inequalities, and ensuring everyone has equal access to the health services
they need. To do this, we work with
our partners in the local NHS, the Royal Borough of Greenwich, local
community groups, public and patients, making sure patients are at the centre of
our commissioning decisions. Our work in this area is guided by our Patient and Public Engagement strategy.
Our role is to use money available to meet the needs of the people living in Greenwich in the best possible way. To do this we talk to local people, hear about how they live their lives, what affects them, inspires them and what all of it means for the type of services we commission.
Our CCG objectives, agreed by the Governing Body in January 2018, are:
- To commission safe, sustainable, efficient and affordable services to meet the health and wellbeing needs of the population of Greenwich and reduce health inequalities with an additional focus on the urgent and emergency care system improvement along the pathway;
- To ensure the CCG's position recovers to meet its financial and governance duties and performance standards;
- To nurture and support primary care to be resilient and thrive;
- To strengthen productive relationships with partners and the public to work as a health and care system;
- To actively engage with our communities to improve their experience of healthcare;
- To play an active and influential role in shaping SE London and London wide commissioning.
How you can help
We have a duty to use money available to meet the needs of the people living in Greenwich in the best possible way. To do this we talk to local people, hear about how they live their lives, what affects them, inspires them and what all of it means for the type of services we commission.
We are committed to getting your views on whether the services you use are meeting your needs. For more information on how to get involved and give your views, please go to our Get Involved page.