Gallions Reach Transformation
Gallions Reach, a purpose-built Health Centre in Thamesmead, constructed in 1986 is no longer fit for purpose to provide modern primary health care and related services. NHS Greenwich CCG has secured funding through the NHS Estates Technological and Transformation Fund (ETTF) to undertake a major modernisation and refurbishment programme. Gallions Reach is the largest ETTF funded project in South East London.
More services in one site
The modernised and refurbished premises will provide a community hub for the local population of Thamesmead with General Practice at its centre, and a range of supporting primary and community healthcare services promoting health, wellbeing and lifestyle choices.
The health and wellbeing service aims to:
- Keep people healthy and support them to manage their conditions
- Motivate support from family, friends, carers and the wider community
- Provide great quality, whole person care, closer to home
Improvements will bring many benefits including:
- New consulting and treatment rooms offering more services with a wider range of appointments and improved access
- Adapting facilities to house a wider range of staff including GPs, nurses and midwives
- The transformation of the environment to improve the overall experience of the patient experience
- Better IT systems to improve information sharing between local health services
How the improved health centre will look
These images illustrate what the new reception could look like accompanied with the architect's impressions for the treatment of the external aspects of the building. The floor plan illustrates the plans to modernise and refurbish the General Practice and the accompanying community resources. These are impressions at present and will be the subject of a final sign off process.
Currently work on site is expected from March 2020. The programme of work is phased to minimise disruption of services. Thamesmead General Practice services, and the dental and pharmacy services are not expected to be disrupted.
Services provided through our Trust Partners from the site are currently being reviewed but we expect there will be minimal disruption and we will endeavour to ensure that as many of these services will continue to be delivered from Gallions Reach through the duration of the Programme.
It is expected that work will be completed by December 2020.
We want to keep you informed about the plans and answer any questions or concerns you may have about these changes.
We are holding these events at Gallions Reach Health Centre and invite you to come along and meet with us (the sessions will be held at the First Floor Meeting room within the Gallions Reach Health Centre):
- Friday, 1st November – 1 pm to 3 pm
- Monday, 11 November – 10.30 am to 12.30 pm
- Q: Will I still be able to see my doctor at the Health Centre when the work begins?
- A: Yes, the building programme is designed to keep the practice working on-site. The GP practice, Thamesmead Medical Associates, also retains use of its branch surgery, Herongate Medical Centre.
Contact details: GallionsReach@etl.co.uk