We hold regular events throughout the commissioning cycle on topics aligned to our commissioning priorities. These events are sometimes run like large focus groups – the participants being recruited to broadly reflect the service users and carers of a particular service / clinical area. Other activities include holding stalls at local fairs and festivals (such as the Great Get Together), running surveys, presenting at meetings, and working with local Healthwatch and other voluntary sector to extend our reach into the local communities in Greenwich.
We feedback to groups and individuals who have participated in our engagement activity letting people know how their contribution has impacted on our plans and policies, and explaining reasons where we are unable to make change. Feedback reports are logged and shared across the CCG, and reported to our Patient Reference Group and Governing Body. Reports are available on this page and you can read case studies about the impact of our engagement activity. Watch out for future events – these are publicised in local venues, through our mailing list and newsletters, on our website and social media.
Recent Engagement Events
- Governing Body in public pilot Q&A engagement session
- Horn Park public meeting with Clive Efford MP
- Hercentre Internation womens day
- PPG Chairs workshop
- METRO GAVS Health and Wellbeing Forum
- Nepalese community cancer workshop
- Governing Body engagement and public Q&A
- Nepalese strategy feedback workshop
- Emergency Exit Arts workshop
Our Big Conversation on Greenwich CCG's Clinical Commissioning Strategy
In 2018, we held a series of 'Big Conversation' events as part of our commissioning work. We used the feedback from the events and survey to develop our Clinical Commissioning Strategy, and local people and their representatives have also been involved in implementing our strategy. The strategy guides our commissioning decisions. Thank you to everyone that was involved. It is vitally important that the strategy is based on the views of local people who use services, as well as clinicians, health service providers and other local partners.Read about the strategy on the our plans page.
Please access the full Big Conversation events report here.
For further details about the Big Conversation, or to share your views on our commissioning plans, please email: GRECCG.NHSGreenwichCCG@nhs.net with the subject 'Big Conversation.'
Big Conversation events
- On Friday 27 July we held a Big Conversation outreach event at Tesco superstore in Woolwich town centre.
- On Friday 27 July, we held a Big Conversation engagement event at Queen Elizabeth hospital, where we were joined by the hospital's patient group.
- On Wednesday 25 July, we held a Big Conversation "women's sheds" community outreach event at Mycenae House in Blackheath, with residents giving their feedback on our commissioning plans.
- We held a Big Conversation engagement event on Tuesday 24 July at Coldharbour Tenants' and Residents' Association (TRA) with residents giving their input into our commissioning plans.
- On Monday 23 July, we held a Big Conversation outreach event, talking to students from Woolwich's Recovery College.
- On Thursday 19 July, we held a Big Conversation community outreach event in Woolwich and asked Greenwich's Nepalese community to give their views on our commissioning plans.
- on Friday 13 July, we held our Big Conversation strategy workshop at Charlton House.
- We hosted the bi-monthly meeting of the Greenwich Diabetes Group on 11 July. The meeting focused on podiatry services in Greenwich.
- On 5 July, we celebrated the NHS's 70th birthday at the Woolwich Centre and in General Gordon Square. We asked residents to wish the NHS a happy 70th birthday and to take part in our Greenwich Big Conversation survey.
- At our Governing Body meeting on Wednesday 4 July, we held a special Q&A session on the clinical commissioning strategy for members of the public.
- We hosted an engagement stall at the annual Great Greenwich Get Together community event in Woolwich on Saturday 30 June.
- NHS Greenwich CCG took part in METRO GAVs' Health and Wellbeing Forum on 13 June 2018. The event brought together Greenwich-wide community and voluntary sector partners to discuss local services and CCG commissioning plans.
- We supported national Learning Disability Week (18 - 24 June 2018) - read about our engagement event at Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
- NHS Greenwich CCG held a 'Big Conversation' workshop on commissioning intentions for our providers and stakeholders at Charlton FC on Wednesday 21 March.
- NHS Greenwich CCG held two 'Big Conversation' workshops on commissioning intentions for local residents at The Tramshed in Woolwich on Thursday 21 March.
- A conversation with Migrant Hub users 17 July 2018