If you have a problem with drugs or know someone who needs help, there are a wide range of services that can help. Some of these services are provided by the NHS and some are specialist drug facilities run by charities and private organisations.

A good place to start is to visit your GP. Your GP can discuss your concerns with you, assess the nature of your problems and help you choose the most appropriate treatment. Your GP might offer to treat you or might refer you to your local specialist drug service.

Many drug treatment services accept self-referrals so, if you are not comfortable talking to your GP, you might be able to approach your local drug treatment service directly.

Support in Greenwich

To find out about local services go to the Drug Support Services page on the Greenwich Council website.

Further information

To find out more and search for local drug treatment services go to the Frank website. To speak to someone over the phone call the Frank drugs helpline on 0800 776600.

You can also visit the NHS Choices website.