Prescribing and Medicines Management
The Greenwich Medicines Management team supports Greenwich CCG's aim and mission to work in partnership with our community and local health stakeholders, in order to improve the health of Greenwich's population.
The Medicines Management team provides a strategic overview for all healthcare services where medicines are part of the care pathways and provides commissioning support to improve quality, safety and value for money in the use of medicines. The team is able to offer advice to clinical and non-clinical staff, patients and public directly.
The Medicines Management team endeavours to improve health outcomes for the local population by utilising resources efficiently and where appropriate, advocates self-care.
The team aims to strengthen medicines optimisation and improve health outcomes through:
- Promoting safe, evidence based and cost-effective use of medicines
- Providing up-to-date, unbiased information about medicines, treatments and care pathways
- Supporting practitioners and patients to make best use of medicines
- Minimising the harm caused by medicines
- Developing local guidelines and care pathways to optimise the use of medicines and management of conditions
- Collaborating with local hospital trusts and other healthcare providers to support these.